Kat’s BlackBook list of 15 things she hates.
The Black List
To close out BlackBook’s 15th anniversary, we asked actor Kat Dennings, the star of CBS’ biting new sitcom 2 Broke Girls, to dig her claws into the 15 things she hates the most. (You’re probably one of them.)
1. Buffering/Loading. Every internet streaming experience will doubtless be interrupted at some point by buffering/loading. This is unacceptable. We can do everything on the internet—-order pizza, buy clothes, adopt puppies, do taxes, talk to people in Lithuania—- but we can’t watch Puffball: The Devil’s Eyeball without interruption.
2. Boatneck tops. Are you serious? Who in their right mind would wear a boatneck? I’ve never wanted my clavicle to be a focal point. People who are actually on boats don’t even wear boatneck tops. They wear coats and stuff.
3. Marzipan. It’s disgusting. I can appreciate the shape it’s sometimes molded into, but that’s as far as it goes. Someone once told me that right before you die, everything smells like almonds. It probably isn’t true and that person sounds like an idiot, but it brings me to this conclusion: Marzipan is made from almonds, almonds smell like death, and therefore, marzipan smells like death. Fruitshaped death.
4. "Hilarious" tip jars. Stop it. I was going to tip you anyway but since your tip jar is “hilarious,” it makes the whole thing much more difficult than it has to be. I’ve got news for you: God does not save a kitten every time I tip, and how dare you prey on my weakness like that. Here’s a dollar.
5. Nazis. Hate them.
6. Bicylce people. I can’t even deal with bicycle people. Don’t be in my lane. Be in the designated bicycle lane or on the sidewalk. Also, wear some sort of head protection. What do you think cars are made out of? Marshmallows?
7. "On accident." It is not "on accident." It is "by accident." Example: "Your Honor, my prosthetic leg flew into his face by accident."
8. Your/You’re, Too/To, and They’re/Their/There. Not to sound like some kind of asshole all over this list, but it just gets my goat when people confuse these.
9. Surprise full-body scans. “Step over here, please.” “Okay.” “Put your hands up like this.” “Okay…wait, why do I haaaaagghhhh! Damn you!” I’ve been tricked into airport full-body scans one time too many. Most recently, I stepped out of the machine and the security guy smiled at me and said, “Nice.”
10. The “Keep Calm and Carry On” signs. Don’t tell me how to live my life. Maybe I want to “Go Apeshit and Give Up.” It’s none of anyone’s damn business. These signs were originally meant to raise morale among the British public during World War II. Now they’re on mugs and the dorm walls of people I don’t like very much.
11. "Quirky." Just cut to the chase and say,"Kat comes off as an empty, female-shaped shell occupied by a mustachioed British demon."
12. That old lady that one time. I’d been walking down a delightful suburban street, listening to some Beck and generally minding my own business, when I looked up just in time to avoid bumping into a seemingly harmless old lady. Oh, sorry, I said, and kept walking. Something about her face stuck in my mind, and I thought to myself, Was she terrifying? I’ll just steal another look. I turned around and she was staring at me with an evil, toothless grin. I almost fell down, and then she laughed at me and walked away. That old lady that one time—-I hate her.
13. Mass texts from people you met once. No, I do not want to go to your “awes0me BBQ;).” Nor do I want to find you a roomate by the end of next month. I deleted you from my phone but that didn’t do any good, did it? Because now your texts just display a bunch of numbers instead of whatever your name is.
14. When I’m out of chickpeas.
15. People who hate cats. Do you hate babies? Do you hate bunny rabbits? Do you hate sea otters? Of course not, so why would you hate cats? I’ll tell you why. Because unlike other animals, cats know you’re a dick. You don’t hate cats; cats hate you. Especially Kat Dennings.
source: My Digital copy of BlackBook Mag
- mademoiselle-satine likes this
- ihadhipsterglassesbeforeyou reblogged this from guitarshavenecks
- sullenchoirboy likes this
- vivodentrodeunlibro likes this
- ghouls-of-gallifrey likes this
- candysoda reblogged this from fuckyeahkatdenningsdaily
- christyholl likes this
- sherlocks-emotional-hair reblogged this from fuckyeahkatdenningsdaily
- sherlocks-emotional-hair likes this
- yueyuuko reblogged this from fuckyeahkatdenningsdaily
- alicespades reblogged this from fuckyeahkatdenningsdaily and added:
- keziasblindfold reblogged this from fuckyeahkatdenningsdaily
- forevermealwayslovingyou reblogged this from fuckyeahkatdenningsdaily
- silentbutsure likes this
- batmans-publicist reblogged this from fuckyeahkatdenningsdaily
- whenweachickensout likes this
- dwightfryes likes this
- doodle-shmoodle reblogged this from fuckyeahkatdenningsdaily
- doodle-shmoodle likes this
- plumtea likes this
- georgiethegeneral reblogged this from fuckyeahkatdenningsdaily
- georgiethegeneral likes this
- onlineyoutubedownloader likes this
- heartthrob likes this
- f-yeahkatdennings reblogged this from fuckyeahkatdenningsdaily
- f-yeahkatdennings likes this
- captainginyu reblogged this from fuckyeahkatdenningsdaily and added:
- mrsstan likes this
- lolita-mackenzie reblogged this from fuckyeahkatdenningsdaily
- angela4hiddleston reblogged this from fuckyeahkatdenningsdaily
- dariinkk likes this
- antacidsx likes this
- dracaarys likes this
- volibe4r likes this
- askdarcybamflewis likes this
- theoryofacontentfailure likes this
- chaosmustbemaintained reblogged this from fuckyeahkatdenningsdaily
- toohardtoexplain likes this
- nargles-stole-my-tardis likes this
- itsannieyall reblogged this from fuckyeahkatdenningsdaily
- mypassionsareyours reblogged this from fuckyeahkatdenningsdaily
- dave7887 likes this
- quiverquill likes this
- mighty-vorzek likes this
- fuckmethesesmellfresh likes this
- lolololol1994 likes this
- wraparoundcurl likes this
- heldersisgod reblogged this from fuckyeahkatdenningsdaily
- heldersisgod likes this
- gorin4 likes this